Archive for bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Open discussion on just about any topic
 


       bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Don't touch my Junk Drawer
puc reducks

HOLIDAY DECORATING SILLINESS!

It's only Dec. 1st, so get out there and decorate!  Very Happy


http://www.etiquettehell.com/?p=851
bieramar

Happy Hanukkah (decorated or not)!

I heard today for the first time what I've accepted as my new holiday greeting; "Happy All the December Holidays to You."

As to decorating I only go so far as wrapping my traditional December Holiday gifts (homemade brownies) for my local pub servers and wenches in colorful generic December Holiday wrapping paper.
puc reducks

Does Alice B. have anything to do with those brownies?

Maybe, instead of saying, "Happy All the December Holidays to You" we could shorten it to, "Happy ADH to you!"  ???  

And... There's Festivus for the Rest of Us!
scrutney

brownies?
i brought brownies to an 11th grade geometry class christmas party.
everybody who was interested, knew what was in 'em...and everyone else was warned off...except my geometry teacher, who ate four of them.

mrs. p. was found in the library(by my girlfriend) 3 hours later, listening to mozart on the headphones.

puc reducks

scrutney wrote:
brownies?
i brought brownies to an 11th grade geometry class christmas party.
everybody who was interested, knew what was in 'em...and everyone else was warned off...except my geometry teacher, who ate four of them.

mrs. p. was found in the library(by my girlfriend) 3 hours later, listening to mozart on the headphones.



Tea. Blueberry tea just snorted out my nose!!!  :-0
coebul

Scrutney has that affect on people.  Lucky it wasn't milk.
puc reducks

coebul wrote:
Scrutney has that affect on people.  Lucky it wasn't milk.


Really lucky it wasn't Cutty Sark.

New England.  Apple orchards. 1962 VW Beetle. Three female pals.  High school senior boys bought us a half-pint.

First one. Biggest swig. Right out my nose.  

Couldn't breathe through it for a week.

I'll take blueberry tea anytime!
coebul

puc reducks wrote:
coebul wrote:
Scrutney has that affect on people.  Lucky it wasn't milk.


Really lucky it wasn't Cutty Sark.

New England.  Apple orchards. 1962 VW Beetle. Three female pals.  High school senior boys bought us a half-pint.

First one. Biggest swig. Right out my nose.  

Couldn't breathe through it for a week.

I'll take blueberry tea anytime!
The problem was the Cutty Sark.  Try a good Single malt much easier on the nostrils.
puc reducks

Dude, It was the 1960s and I was barely 16!   Cool  Gimme a break!
coebul

I thought I was Wink
auntmartymoo

puc reducks wrote:
And... There's Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Ah yes...shall we begin with the Airing of Grievances or the Feats of Strength?
puc reducks

I'm going with "Feats of Strength."

Lord knows, there's quite the smattering of the "Airing of Grievances" going on here!!!   Very Happy
Phred

I'll stay with Little Feat and their chart smashing song "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend" ...

Literary genius.
puc reducks

Phred wrote:
I'll stay with Little Feat and their chart smashing song "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend" ...

Literary genius.


LOL!
scrutney

Phred wrote:
I'll stay with Little Feat and their chart smashing song "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend" ...

Literary genius.


altough little feat recorded "don't bogart me" for the live album 'waiting for columbus'...the original version (afaik) is by the fraternity of man...from the chart topping 1969 soundtrack of easy rider.

i was in the audience at lisner auditorium when several of the songs for little feat's waiting for columbus were recorded.

yeah...i know...big deal.
Phred

Quote:
...the original version (afaik) is by the fraternity of man...from the chart topping 1969 soundtrack of easy rider.


True ... but have you heard Paulina Singaga's version on the ukulele?
puc reducks

So many times I could scream.
scrutney

Phred wrote:

but have you heard Paulina Singaga's version on the ukulele?


i just did.
and speaking of the ukelele and cover number in general:

click
here
auntmartymoo

Phred wrote:
I'll stay with Little Feat and their chart smashing song "Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend" ...

Literary genius.


So true...I've got "Dixie Chicken" & "Oh Atlanta" on my ipod.

       bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Don't touch my Junk Drawer
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum