Archive for bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Open discussion on just about any topic
 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

       bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Don't touch my Junk Drawer
tsiya

INSIDE THE MIND OF AN OBAMA VOTER

http://youtu.be/OUj-m6Gq_2Y
puc reducks

OUCH.  On so many levels.
tsiya

Honestly Puc, should idiots like her be allowed to vote on issues involving national security?
Our nation is headed for disaster because of fools like her. It has nothing to do with race either, although I'll most likely be accused of racism. We don't allow 5 year old kids to vote either!
bieramar

tsiya wrote:
Honestly..., should idiots like her be allowed to vote on issues involving national security?
Our nation is headed for disaster because of fools like her....
We don't allow 5 year old kids to vote either!


The Bell Curve of Intelligence:
http://www.personalityresearch.org/intelligence/iq.jpeg

Our nation will be headed for disaster when thinking people remove themselves from the political process and by default allow the fools to rule.

I've long supported an initial "bottom line" test for voting, along with the current residence, age, nationality and legal status tests.  

It quite simply is passing the same citizenship test required for naturalization - at the first time you register to vote, and at intervals to be established later, e.g. every 20 years; or at age 50, age 70 and every 5 years thereafter.

Look carefully at that Bell Curve distribution. There are a lot of dumb people in any given general population.  Dumb doesn't equate to political judgment, any more than smart (as identified on the Bell Curve) does.

Currently we suffer anyone to vote, regardless of where they fall on the intelligence and/or psychological distribution -- with the expectation that the great majority of the remainder will prevail in the final total vote.  

My proposal disregards everyone's placement in the distribution, and screens out those who are unwilling or unable to learn about U.S. governing principles.
coebul

Vote?  That shouldn't be allowed to breed!
puc reducks

coebul wrote:
Vote?  That shouldn't be allowed to breed!


OMG.  We AGREE, Coe.

Not only NOT BREED or VOTE, but not DRIVE A VEHICLE, either.



I fully support Bieramar's administrationn of the naturalization test, and in fact have promulgated same for years.
coebul

bieramar you will never get that test through congress let alone have this President sign the legislation.  But great effort.  

=============

Damn I fingered somebody would jump down my throat for the breeding comment.  

Damn I will have to try harder next time...

Let's see maybe we could get her to try out for the Darwin awards???   Try breaking the windshield with the butt end of a loaded .44 mag.  

Or Car surfing???
puc reducks

coebul wrote:
bieramar you will never get that test through congress let alone have this President sign the legislation.  But great effort.  

=============

Damn I fingered somebody would jump down my throat for the breeding comment.  

Damn I will have to try harder next time...

Let's see maybe we could get her to try out for the Darwin awards???   Try breaking the windshield with the butt end of a loaded .44 mag.  

Or Car surfing???


License to drive???

What about license to be a parent?

Car surfing?  Don't get me started. I live in Florida.  I could car surf in the parking lots as they're en route in or out for the early bird specials.

I think that gal in the YouTube video won Darwin last year.
coebul

puc reducks wrote:

I think that gal in the YouTube video won Darwin last year.
Had to be a runner up.  Winners have to remove themselves from the gene pool.
bieramar

coebul wrote:
bieramar you will never get that test through congress....


No, I won't - but naysayers have never stopped me yet, and it is quite amazing what has been accomplished in changes across the land when an idea gathers traction - via word of mouth and formal efforts both.  The differences between the body politic, the laws of the land, the class structures, and the political Party dynamics/philosophies of my youth, and those existing now, are so far apart as to hardly seem related.  There have been enormous changes, and I've been actively a part of most of them.  

One example is the diminishing of the 2-Party system - unbelievable to most when the movement began a couple of decades ago.  Now only half the states have closed primaries, and the majority of local offices are non-affiliated on the ballot!

This naturalization test idea is held by two people with quite different backgrounds, meeting on an electronic forum, who didn't hear it from each other.  Lots more people want that test - or another - in fact I rarely find anyone who does NOT want to raise the bar on voting eligibility.  

It takes time for unintended consequences to become apparent, and then create a corrective reaction.  

The unintended negative consequences of less than a half a century of "anchor babies" and true "universal suffrage" is just now being realized.  I think it highly likely that some additional constitutional "test" for voting will be law within the next decade.
puc reducks

coebul wrote:
puc reducks wrote:

I think that gal in the YouTube video won Darwin last year.
Had to be a runner up.  Winners have to remove themselves from the gene pool.


Well, that's certainly a "Final Solution."

How do you get them to comply???
puc reducks

Agree with Bier's final graf.  Let's hope it's not any longer than that.
coebul

Look at the electorate.  I agree there are many that not only don't deserve the vote but don't understand what they are voting for or against.  They might as well ask a puppet master who to vote for.  

But and it is a huge but.  SCOTUS has struck down every limit on the right to vote (which isn't even a right in the US Constitution).  

Mind you I am not arguing against a test go for it.  But!  What about those poor Blacks in the south that can't read.  Remember the poll tax cases?  

Congress is pretty much the worst I have seen in history.  Well maybe my history.  I remember reading about canings and fist fights...

Those buffoons couldn't come together long enough to put the legislation together.  They would fight over ever flipping word.  And what would finally pass???  The same kind of garbage that just passed with lifting the debt ceiling.  

Na there are to many idiot out there that "CAN" vote to take that vote away from them...
puc reducks

coebul wrote:
Look at the electorate.  I agree there are many that not only don't deserve the vote but don't understand what they are voting for or against.  They might as well ask a puppet master who to vote for.  

But and it is a huge but.  SCOTUS has struck down every limit on the right to vote (which isn't even a right in the US Constitution).  

Mind you I am not arguing against a test go for it.  But!  What about those poor Blacks in the south that can't read.  Remember the poll tax cases?  

Congress is pretty much the worst I have seen in history.  Well maybe my history.  I remember reading about canings and fist fights...

Those buffoons couldn't come together long enough to put the legislation together.  They would fight over ever flipping word.  And what would finally pass???  The same kind of garbage that just passed with lifting the debt ceiling.  

Na there are to many idiot out there that "CAN" vote to take that vote away from them...


I totally get your point, and there is not much I can dispute based on my own beliefs.  Esp. if you are counting the Reps. as well as the Dems. in Congress and fighting over every flipping word.

It is not only sad, but an unseemly way for this country to "operate."

I blame it all on politics.  Once elected and tasting the power, even the most well-intentioned sells out.  What does that say about our morality and what we have become?  NOT just HERE, either.

BRING BACK THE MONARCHY!
tsiya

I've just learned that this lady works for Bank of America in Atlanta, or at least she did until this video went viral, LOL.

Presumably she has a high school education, could that be where she learned about electricity in ancient Africa?

She amounts to no more than a sponge, soaking up crap indiscriminately, and unaware that the sum of all she knows can't add up to a coherent package

She must be close kin to Al Sharpton! Shocked
jasmine

tsiya wrote:
I've just learned that this lady works for Bank of America in Atlanta, or at least she did until this video went viral, LOL.

Presumably she has a high school education, could that be where she learned about electricity in ancient Africa?

She amounts to no more than a sponge, soaking up crap indiscriminately, and unaware that the sum of all she knows can't add up to a coherent package

She must be close kin to Al Sharpton! Shocked


I am sure there are places in the South that still want or need slaves, she needs to place an ad.  Lets see, we could find her a piece of land, next to a pool of unfiltered water, with some seeds, a hammer and nails, some wooden planks, of course no electricity and cut her loose.  What a joke she is.
jasmine

Love your new avatar Puc, beautiful picture.
puc reducks

jasmine wrote:
Love your new avatar Puc, beautiful picture.


Thanks, Jas!

I figure get a good look now because we're soon to be inundated with The Horror.  Crying or Very sad
tsiya

puc reducks wrote:
jasmine wrote:
Love your new avatar Puc, beautiful picture.


Thanks, Jas!

I figure get a good look now because we're soon to be inundated with The Horror.  Crying or Very sad


No, she will probably go back to Chicago when Barry does. Very Happy
Phred

You're kidding me, right?  Pleez tell me y'all didn't watch the full six minute video?
Phred

Quote:
No, she will probably go back to Chicago when Barry does.


2016???
coebul

Phred wrote:
Quote:
No, she will probably go back to Chicago when Barry does.


2016???


Doubtful.  Did  you see the jobs report this morning?  This guy is doing the Jimmy Carter/George Bush dance.
jasmine

coebul wrote:
Phred wrote:
Quote:
No, she will probably go back to Chicago when Barry does.


2016???


Doubtful.  Did  you see the jobs report this morning?  This guy is doing the Jimmy Carter/George Bush dance.


You mean the jobless report, then the stock market took a nosedive.
tsiya

A smackdown by Zo!

http://www.pjtv.com/s/GU2TSMY
tsiya

Pew Research: Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats


In the latest survey...Republicans outperformed Democrats on every single one of 19 questions.

So Republicans are more knowledgeable than Democrats, contrary to what many would like to believe.

According to whom?  None other than the Pew Research Center, a left-of-center organization.  Moreover, Pew’s latest survey only reaffirms previous surveys demonstrating the same result.

In fact, the results weren’t even close.

In a scientific survey of 1,168 adults conducted during September and October of last year, respondents were asked not only multiple-choice questions, but also queries using maps, photographs and symbols.  Among other subjects, participants identified international leaders, cabinet members, Supreme Court justices, nations on a world map, the current unemployment and poverty rates and war casualty totals.

In a 2010 Pew survey, Republicans outperformed Democrats on 10 of 12 questions, with one tie and Democrats outperforming Republicans on just 1 of the 12.  In the latest survey, however, Republicans outperformed Democrats on every single one of 19 questions.

Amusingly, the Pew report attempted to soften the stark partisan knowledge disparity:

“Republicans generally outperformed Democrats on the current quiz.  On 13 of the 19 questions, Republicans score significantly higher than Democrats and there are no questions on which Democrats did better than Republicans.  In past knowledge quizzes, partisan differences have been more muted, though Republicans often have scored somewhat higher than Democrats.”

“Generally outperformed?”  “Somewhat higher?”  That’s a curiously charitable way to describe the surveys, which went from previous blowouts to a complete shutout in the latest edition.

Those Pew results are confirmed by some surprising other sources.  According to a New York Times headline dated April 14, 2010, “Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated.”  Shattering widespread myths, that survey revealed that Tea Party supporters were more likely to possess a college degree than their counterparts (23% to 15%), and also more likely to have completed post-graduate studies (14% to 10%).  Tea Partiers were also more likely to have completed “some college” by a 33% to 28% margin, and substantially less likely to have not completed high school than non-supporters (3% versus 12%), or to possess only a high school degree (26% versus 35%).

Those results will probably come as a rude awakening to supporters of Barack Obama, but it won’t to anyone paying attention.  As just the latest example, consider the cheap laugh line that Obama keeps repeating on his current reelection tour thinly disguised as an energy policy apologia.  As gasoline prices continue to rise due in part to his agenda, Obama likens anyone critical of his failed energy decisions to a modern-day “Flat Earth Society” in speech after speech.

The problem for Obama is that his attempted slur betrays historical illiteracy, as summarized nicely by conservative blogger Clayton Cramer:

“Now, if you attended high school, or college, you would know (or should know) that there was no educated European who thought the Earth was flat.  None.  The dispute that made it hard for Columbus to get funding was that he insisted the Earth was 18,000 miles in circumference, so the Indies were a plausible voyage west from Spain.  The experts who told the various governments of Europe that Columbus wasn’t going to be successful thought the Earth was closer to 25,000 miles around – and sailing west to the Indies was going to be a failure.  Had there not been the Americas in the way, Columbus and crew would have died of thirst.”

On his current tour, Obama also inaccurately maligned former President Rutherford B. Hayes as disdainful of the telephone.  As Mona Charen also noted this week, Obama also “told us that America invented the automobile and that John F. Kennedy had met with Nikita Kruschev when we were on the brink of nuclear war,” when in fact the automobile was invented in Germany and Kennedy actually met Kruschev one year prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

This is the same President who referred to “57 states,” misstated the Citizens United decision in an address to the nation, pronounced Navy “corpsman” as “corpse-man” and blatantly misrepresented that Japanese automobiles now average 45 miles per gallon to our 27.5 standard.

Meanwhile, gas prices continue to break records while the Trash-Talker-in-Chief trots out fraudulent “flat earth” and “Rutherford B. Hayes” rhetoric.

None of this disparages anyone of any educational pedigree.  It does, however, once again debunk the notion among preening liberals that they collectively maintain a knowledge or educational superiority.

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/comme...more-knowledgeable-than-democrats

       bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Don't touch my Junk Drawer
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum