bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index bumrejects.myfreeforum.org
Open discussion on just about any topic

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
Death in the Desert: Project Gunwalker and the ATF Cover-Up
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> In the News National and International
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsiya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Death in the Desert: Project Gunwalker and the ATF Cover-Up  Reply with quote

On December 14, 2010, a firefight erupted in the Arizona desert.  When the smoke had cleared, Customs and Border Protection Agent Brian Terry was dead, and the seeds of a scandal had been sown.  Some of the rank and file of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), often referred to as the ATF, began to grow concerned that a new development in Project Gunrunner probably had resulted in the death of Agent Terry.

First word of the incident began to appear on CleanUpATF.org, a whistle-blower website dedicated to "returning the integrity, accountability and decency to the ATF."  Two Second Amendment advocates, Mike Vanderboegh of the blog Sipsey Street Irregulars and David Codrea, a writer at Gun Rights Examiner.com, became immediately aware of the posts, and their interest pushed them to collaborate and use their own sources within the ATF to confirm the allegations being made.

http://www.americanthinker.com/20...ath_in_the_desert_project_gu.html

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
H. L. Mencken
bieramar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been against stings, a/k/a "legal entrapment" with firearms and drugs by any LEO organization - and BATFE is the worst of the lot.

One of only two efforts I supported President Reagan on was his campaign to eliminate ATF - even he couldn't push it through Congress.  

Too often, like in this case, the guns or drugs end up killing your own.
coebul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reagan was the greatest President of modern times...  

ATF?  One less bureaucracy the better.  Waco?  Ruby Ridge?
tsiya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BATF has become the hit squad for the anti 2nd amendment forces. It is not politically neutral as it should be, and it has become a legislative body more than it is a law enforcement agency.
BATF is totally out of control.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
H. L. Mencken
bieramar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Modern? Reply with quote

coebul wrote:

I guess that depends upon one's definition of modern, and as a general rule most people include the time period of their living relatives, i.e., beginning with grandparents or g-grandparents.

Even so your opinion is not shared by the majority of "middle America" or by historians and scholars.

The highest ranking Reagan has reached in major polls of residents, or historians, or scholars is 6th in a ranking of all presidents, in a Wall Street Journal (go figger) poll in 2005.  He was behind Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt, in that order.  Both Roosevelts are included in my "modern" times concept.

In all 14 major polls taken since Reagan's presidency he is ranked below 10th in 9 polls, ranked 10th in one, ranked 8th in three, and 6th in the afore-mentioned WSJ poll.
coebul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern? Reply with quote

bieramar wrote:
coebul wrote:

I guess that depends upon one's definition of modern, and as a general rule most people include the time period of their living relatives, i.e., beginning with grandparents or g-grandparents.

Even so your opinion is not shared by the majority of "middle America" or by historians and scholars.
Middle America?  I guess that depends on who you ask.  Scholars? Historians?  Never met one that didn't have an axe to grind..  

bieramar wrote:
The highest ranking Reagan has reached in major polls of residents, or historians, or scholars is 6th in a ranking of all presidents, in a Wall Street Journal (go figger) poll in 2005.  He was behind Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt, in that order.  Both Roosevelts are included in my "modern" times concept.
See you go back to the first in answer to my comment.  Does the word Modern mean any thing to you.  I place Adams as one of the top four or five.  And wouldn't include FDR in any of the top ten.  Similar with Jefferson.  Over rated.  Don't know a great deal about Teddy R.

bieramar wrote:
In all 14 major polls taken since Reagan's presidency he is ranked below 10th in 9 polls, ranked 10th in one, ranked 8th in three, and 6th in the afore-mentioned WSJ poll.
Again I did say modern times...
auntmartymoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once all the FDR fans finally die off, Reagan will jump up in the polls.

Wink
scrutney
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern? Reply with quote

bieramar wrote:
coebul wrote:

still...that's pretty rarefied country.
the father of our country, the great emancipator, our father figure during world war 2, the father of the declaration and...the national park guy.

someone needs to get the jackhammers working for a rushmore re-do.
"reagan on rushmore"
that will create a job or two.

auntmartymoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coebul wrote:

Bieramar wrote:

Bier's comment is misleading at best...completely incorrect, at worst.

A simple search of "Reagan" at Gallup.com reveals...

From 2010:

From 2009:

Or, if you want to go further back...this one from 2002:

auntmartymoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but wait, there's more...

A simple "Reagan" search at Rasmussen reveals...

In 2009:

Quote:
"Progressive” is becoming more of a dirty word, but all political labels – except “being like Ronald Reagan” - are falling into disfavor with many U.S. voters, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

In 2008:

Quote:
Polling reveals the two most influential presidents of the 20th Century: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Ronald W. Reagan.

In 2004:

Quote:
67% of American voters have a favorable impression of Ronald Reagan. The man who had a bigger impact than any President since FDR is remembered as a good President by two-thirds of the public. A plurality, 35%, believe he will be remembered as one of the nation's greatest Presidents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> In the News National and International All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 1 of 54

Jump to: