bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index bumrejects.myfreeforum.org
Open discussion on just about any topic

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
Sarah Palin
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Republican Candidates Nov 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

bieramar

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Sarah Palin  Reply with quote

POLITICO:
---
The recent departures of Mitch Daniels and Mike Huckabee from the 2012 GOP field, combined with a flurry of recent moves by Palin - staff changes, the purchase of a home in Arizona, the Iowa premiere of a new feature-length film extolling the former Alaska governor - is rekindling speculation that she sees an opportunity in 2012 and may be thinking more seriously than ever about a presidential run.

John Ziegler, a conservative filmmaker and activist close to Palin, said he believes the ex-governor is closer to a run now than she's ever been.
"I have felt for a while that she is probably running and its seems more clear than ever that she is," said Ziegler, who interviewed Palin for a different film, "Media Malpractice: How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted."

"The movie is a great idea. I suggested a similar concept to her a long time ago and I am sure it will be fantastic viewing. I am concerned though that it seems there are at least some people involved in it who are not actual Palin loyalists and that its hoped for impact may be based on an overly optimistic view of the nature of the electorate," he said.

Palin herself has stoked the fires with her comments, including telling Fox News's Greta Van Susteren that she indeed has "the fire in the belly" to make a bid for the White House.

The launch of a new SarahPAC website last month also fanned speculation since it provided a vehicle to collect email addresses of her supporters and start interacting more directly with her potential donors and activists. Palin recently used the growing list to send a fund-raising mailer to supporters in South Carolina, a common strategy that those close to Palin say will continue to bring money into her organization.

"No ands, ifs or buts about it, Sarah Palin is going to run for president," asserted Alaska pollster Ivan Moore in a column last week, pointing to a convergence of conditions that make the timing for a Palin campaign perfect.

The former governor's aides declined to speak to POLITICO about her thinking, but have acknowledged in discussions about the 2012 race that there is an opening for her and have said repeatedly that no other candidate's decision would affect her own. Palin's camp has ignored outside pressure to commit to running and is privately eying July as the last month they could enter the race, if the former governor wanted to throw the switch.

For months, Palin's camp has been talking about hiring additional staff and planning high profile travel - though much of it has yet to come to pass. Still, her staff is keenly aware of filing deadlines and is preparing as if she is running, even if they don't know the final decision.

Palin's team also closely monitors the actions of her potential 2012 GOP rivals, particularly what the other perspective candidates say about her.
---
Continues at: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55728_Page2.html

===
I'm all for her declaring her candidacy and running for the Republican nomination.
puc reducks

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bieramar wrote:
"I'm all for [Sarah Palin] declaring her candidacy and running for the Republican nomination."

I couldn't agree more!
jasmine

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

puc reducks wrote:
Bieramar wrote:
"I'm all for [Sarah Palin] declaring her candidacy and running for the Republican nomination."

I couldn't agree more!

I think she was an embarrassment when she gave her campaign speaches during the McCain's bid for office.  She could not answer many of the political questions posed to her and her biggest accomplishment was being a PTA Mom.  Below is a quote from a blog concerning her political savvy

"I believe Sarah Palin was a liability to John McCain's presidential campaign.I believe that Sarah Palin eliminated John McCain's chance of becoming president during the 2008 election. After the American voters chose a Republican president for two terms, moderate-seeming McCain could have been a shoo-in for President. However, after he announced his choice of vice president, that all changed. While Palin has political experience, her uneducated statements about foreign policy and contradictory statements turned her into a caricature of a politician rather than a knowledgeable vice presidential candidate who could assist the president and take over if necessary. As an older man in poor health, McCain needed to find someone who was a strong leader in case of his untimely death. He also needed someone to entice the voters who chose Bush in previous elections to vote for him. The extremism of Sarah Palin neutralized his own positions and forced Republican voters to question whether they wanted Sarah Palin as president.  "Edited to add underscoring."
coebul

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasmine wrote:
puc reducks wrote:
Bieramar wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

I think she was an embarrassment when she gave her campaign speaches during the McCain's bid for office.  She could not answer many of the political questions posed to her and her biggest accomplishment was being a PTA Mom.  Below is a quote from a blog concerning her political savvy
Not being a Palin fan myself I wonder what Palin did to embarrass herself and McCain?  As to that gotcha moment ala Charlie Gibson.  I wonder which doctrine he was referring to and would somebody mind telling me what this idiot's (0bama) doctrine is.  He should be removed from office.  

jasmine wrote:
"I believe Sarah Palin was a liability to John McCain's presidential campaign.I believe that Sarah Palin eliminated John McCain's chance of becoming president during the 2008 election. After the American voters chose a Republican president for two terms, moderate-seeming McCain could have been a shoo-in for President.
However, after he announced his choice of vice president, that all changed. While Palin has political experience, her uneducated statements about foreign policy and contradictory statements turned her into a caricature of a politician rather than a knowledgeable vice presidential candidate who could assist the president and take over if necessary. As an older man in poor health, McCain needed to find someone who was a strong leader in case of his untimely death. He also needed someone to entice the voters who chose Bush in previous elections to vote for him. The extremism of Sarah Palin neutralized his own positions and forced Republican voters to question whether they wanted Sarah Palin as president.  "Edited to add underscoring."
McCain didn't have a chance at winning the election from day one.   Many analyst believe Palin helped McCain.   And if you take a look at the outcome of the Midterms Palin made several candidates successful bid for election.  

The 2008 election was a rejection of all things Republican especially Bush.  The virtual collapse of the economy was icing on the cake.  

I understand several of you all love to hate Palin.  Works for me.  She will not run for President.  I believe she might have an eye on Kyles seat in the Senate.   Palin may not have that Harvard education but she is no fool.  It doesn't take a genius to understand the mainstream media will never allow her a honest shot at the White House.   It is obvious the rank and file press will re-elect 0bama.
puc reducks

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

puc reducks wrote:
Bieramar wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

She will do wonders for the Dems.

Hear she has moved to Arizona!  

Monumental dummy.
coebul

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puc reducks wrote:
puc reducks wrote:
Bieramar wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

She will do wonders for the Dems.

Hear she has moved to Arizona!  

Monumental dummy.
Do not underestimate that monumental dummy.  3 years ago she was a nobody Governor from the most sparsely populated state in the country and today she is a moving force on the Right.  She has several wins on her side and very few losses.   In one move she has everyone guessing what she will do next.    

Nope underestimating that one would be a "monumental mistake".
scrutney
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz, quoting a blogger wrote:
I believe Sarah Palin was a liability to John McCain's presidential campaign.

john mccain was a liability to the maccain campaign.
palin was just icing on a pretty awful cake.

not that it mattered much.
nothing could have derailed the obama express.

coebul wrote:
Do not underestimate that monumental dummy.  3 years ago she was a nobody Governor from the most sparsely populated state in the country and today she is a moving force on the Right.  She has several wins on her side and very few losses.   In one move she has everyone guessing what she will do next.    

Nope underestimating that one would be a "monumental mistake".

i pretty much agree.
no one took ronald reagan seriously until about 3 weeks before the 1980 election.
the people in my circle of friends sort of looked at him as an amalgam of  the clown prince of conservatism and the bogey man under the bed.

and i see a lot of parallels between ronnie and gidget...not the least of which is the ability to reinvent themselves and sarah has begun the process of doing exactly that...

she's got a long way to go.
but i'm not writing her off.
not yet.

Last edited by scrutney on Sun May 29, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
coebul

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrutney wrote:
jazz, quoting a blogger wrote:
I believe Sarah Palin was a liability to John McCain's presidential campaign.

john mccain was a liability to the maccain campaign.
palin was just icing on a pretty awful cake.

not that it mattered much.
nothing could have derailed the obama express.
Not with ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, UAW, ACORN, SEIU, George Sorros and Jeff Immelt behind him 0bama was unbeatable.  

But he is beatable.
coebul

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrutney wrote:

i pretty much agree.
no one took ronald reagan seriously until about 3 weeks before the 1980 election.
the people in my circle of friends sort of looked at him as an amalgam of  the clown prince of conservatism and the bogey man under the bed.
I remember movie clips with him and the Chimp.  

scrutney wrote:

and i see a lot of parallels between ronnie and gidget...not the least of which is the ability to reinvent themselves and sarah has begun the process of doing exactly that...

she's got a long way to go.
but i'm not writing her off.
not yet.
Written off or not.... She will be a force to recon with in 2012.  

A point was made this morning in Meet the Press.  The question is whether she wants to oust 0bama more then she wants to run for office.  

I hope she want to oust 0bama more.
OhwhatthehellI'tryit

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I hope she want to oust 0bama more."

Me Too!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bumrejects.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Republican Candidates Nov 2012 All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: